Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dupe for MAC Pro longwear FOUNDATION

4 out of 7 days a week I usually opt for a BB cream instead of a foundation, especially during the warmer months, but I LOVE trying new foundations. My absolute favorite high end foundation would definitely be the MAC Pro Longwear foundation, it's very lightweight and lasts incredibly throughout the day. It's very creamy and blendable and also is buildable so that you can either achieve a medium or full coverage look. It retails for $31.00 which can be a bit pricey especially if you're using it as an everyday foundation. Well, about a year ago I discovered an almost perfect drugstore dupe for this foundation: the Revlon Colorstay foundation for combination/ oily skin. **i have combination skin, more dry than oily, but the I did not like the dry skin formula of this particular foundation as much** 
The Revlon foundation retails for about $10-12. So much better on your budget! It has the same consistency and leaves the same natural finish. They are both oil controlling foundations, and long wearing. The MAC foundation claims to last about 15 hrs and the Revlon claims to last 24 hrs. I don't wear my foundation for that long, but I will say that both do last my full work day (9 hrs) plus the extra two or three hours until I take my makeup off. 

I wear NW25 in MAC Prolongwear foundation and "rich tan" in Revlon Colorstay for Combination/ oily skin.

 
MAC: 

REVLON:


Ladies remember: you must FIRST take care of your skin in order for your makeup to look good. I love the St Ives apricot scrub for blemish control or the green tea scrub to exfoliate once a week and for everyday use I use (and highly recomend) the Purity wash by Philosophy. I use that daily with my clarisonic Mia 2, I am in love with that duo! It can be a bit harsh on your skin so I'm VERY gentle with it and use it on the lowest setting. 




Thanks for reading!
Xoxo- Kels 


0 comments

Post a Comment