Sunday, December 8, 2013

My full face routine!!

Hello ladies! Here is my current full coverage face routine featuring my favorite products of the moment! I don't wear a full coverage face on a daily basis, most days a tinted moisturizer is good enough, but this routine is for the days where I just am in the mood to go all out!

(Click on the names of the products mentioned for a direct link to purchase)

I start out by priming my face with smashbox photo finish light primer. This primer is amazing, it just creates a smooth canvas for your foundation and really does make a difference! 
Next, I have been using the Kat Von D lock-it foundation in Medium 56! This is a very full coverage foundation and let me tell you a little goes a long way! You have to be very careful with this product, a good brush is necessary because this foundation requires to be buffed out really well or else it will look "cakey". I use my Sigma synthetic kabuki brush set.
For concealer, I use MAC pro-longwear concealer in NW 20. It is my absolute favorite!! This is also a pretty heavy duty product, but at the same time it's very blendable and not thick at all. I just put this underneath my eyes and pat it into my skin with my F86 Sigma tapered kabuki brush.


 For my brows I outline them with Anastasia Brow Wiz in brunette then full them in with NYX Eyebrow cake powder in Dark Brown/ Brown using a small angled brow brush.

I always like to set my foundation and concealer with a transparent powder. At the moment, I'm loving my MAC prep + prime transparent pressed powder. (pictured top left) It's just a colorless powder suitable for all skin tones that controls oils and gives you a "soft focus" look.

I switch up my blush, bronzer, highlight and eye shadows from day to day depending on my mood but since we're on the subject of face makeup, I thought if mention my current favorites. 
I'm loving MAC Margin blush (pictured bottom left) it looks a lot darker in the picture than it is, it just leaves your cheeks with a peachy/bronzed sheen.
For highlight, my all time favorite would have to be the Mary Lou Manizer by The Balm (pictured top right). I usually wait until it's on sale on Hautelook. I just swipe a little on top of my cheek bones using a fan brush.
For contouring, I've been loving the Tarte Amazonian Clay bronzer in Hotel heiress. Sadly this product has been discontinued but you can find A very similar shade HERE. It's perfect for contouring because it is a dark, matte shade and it's WATERPROOF! :)


The Lorac Pro palette is so AMAZING the shadows are so velvety and easy to blend! I like them even better than the urban decay naked shadows and that says a lot! In the picture above, I included a little guide to my go-to eye look. 
Winged eyeliner has to be my favorite makeup trend of the moment! I go thru tons of black liquid liners but the Maybelline Master precise is my current favorite. The pen shape and felt tip make it very easy to work with!

Last but not least, LASHES!! I have no words for the Too faced Better Than Sex Mascara, besides it's amazing!! it give so much volume but it doesn't clump your lashes! And the Covergirl Lash perfection has always and will always be in my routine. It really lives up to its name by perfectly separating and lengthening your lashes

Before and after:




So there it is! In the picture above I used ALL of the products mentioned, even the eyes and cheek products. I'd love to know if you have tried these products and what you think!

Xoxo- Kels

0 comments

Post a Comment